Sri Gour Chandra Mandal
Office Address :
Malda Zilla Parishad, PO- Malda, PIN- 732101
Ph. No. : 03512253042
Malda Zilla Parishad is one of the oldest administrative establishments of Malda district ever since independence of India, directly reformed out of the ‘District Board’ under the control of British Raj. Since 1978, this esteemed institution is situated at Netaji Subhash Road, Malda besides Malda District Court. However, the new building of Malda Zilla Parishad has been inaugurated in the year 2003 in the same premises. Since inception, this autonomous organization has reputedly provided service to the rural population of Malda through implementation of various developmental schemes of own and Govt. endeavor, some of which are discussed below:
- Banglar Awas Yojona: The programme Banglar Awas Yojona is running under Malda Zilla Parishad which is aims at providing a pucca house with basic amenities to all houseless household and those households living in kutcha and dilapidated house by 2022.
- Work responsibility of Engineering Cell: The Engineering Cell of Malda Zilla Parishad mainly executes various development and infrastructural work, such as construction of roads, bridges and buildings from different source of fund, such as RIDF, PMGSY, State budget fund of P & RD Deptt. BADP, IB Village fund, SFC & FC etc. Beside these, the Zilla Parishad executes deposit works of various line department, such as, MA & ME, School Education, NBDD, Disaster Management, MSME, SHG & SE and many other.
- SSK & MSK (Shishu Shiksha Kendra and Madhyamik Shiksha Kendra): The programme is running under Malda Zilla Parishad in supervision of Paschim Banga Rajya Shishu Shiksha Mission (PBRSSM). At present 610 nos. of SSKs and 108 nos. of MSKs are running in Malda. Different Govt. grants, such as school grant, maintenance grant, uniform grant, library grant etc. for the learners have been sub-allotted through respective Panchayat Samities. Adequate teaching-learning materials (TLMs) are available in all SSKs and MSKs of the district.
- CHCMI (Community Health Care Management Initiative): The programme is one of its kinds running under Malda Zilla Parishad which deals with sensitization of different public health aspects among PRI bodies as well as to develop certain level of ownership within them to address different public health related problems of rural areas with the aim to improve overall public health indicators of the district. A large number of Village Health Sanitation and Nutrition Committees (VHSNCs) have been formed at Gram Samsad level under this progremme. As a part of curative service through this programme, a total number of 78 AYUSH dispensaries under West Bengal State Budget and National Health Mission (NHM) are running in Gram Panchayats of the district.
- Operating Market Complex: At present 12 nos. of Market Complex are running under supervision of Malda Zilla Parishad containing total number of 572 allocable stalls and platforms.
- Operating Ferry Ghats: At present 21 nos. of Ferry Ghats are running under supervision of Malda Zilla Parishad in 7 Panchayat Samities of the district.
- Operating Cremation Ground and Issuance of Burning Certificates: The Zilla Parishad is presently operating a cremation ground in Sadullahpur, Englishbazar. Burning certificates are issued on the basis of application with supporting paper like medical certificate, certificate of people’s representative and proper identification regarding crimination.
- Mela Licence: On the basis of meticulous scrutiny of the application received by different Mela Committees along with NOC from concerned IC/OC and BDO regarding celebration of Mela, Malda Zilla Parishad issues licence for the Mela