National Informatics Centre, Malda District Unit established on 1989 under the Planning Commission of Government of India. In the Year 2000 NIC has come under the Ministry of Information Technology, GOI and in the Year of 2001 this has come under the umbrella of Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Government of India. Since its establishment NIC, Malda is involved in promoting I.T. Culture in the Government Offices by developing need based software and implementing them.
Name & Designation:
Abu Salam Parvez Alam, Scientist-B & District Informatics Officer
Office Address :
First Floor, Room No:102, New Collectorate Building, PO - English Bazar, Malda, PIN - 732101
Telephone No : 03512-252094
Email : email@example.com
- Products and Services :
- Application S/W Development, Roll Out and Continuous Technical Support
- Computer Communication and Network and Internet Support
- Domain registration , Website updation and maintenance, DSC and VPN support
- Capacity building
- Event Support like Election and Recruitment
- Role of a Technical advisor a subset of DeiTY to improve overall productivity of government services Operations, Management and maintenance of NIC District centre
- Domain registration , DSC and VPN support
- District Website renovation, Updation and Maintenance. Publication of Daily Notices/ Tenders etc.
- Other Roles Activities include :- National MMPs and State MMP other e-Governance Projects across the Sectors like Agriculture, Transport,Social Welfare, Land, Property Registration, Consumer Affairs, Correctional Home, Finance Revenue, P RD, Administration upto Block level etc. Management of different stake holders, supporting Government in areas of ICT Infrastructure Creation for better governance.
- Development (local projects), implementation and post implementation support.
- Arranging Video Conferences. District Website Management, Data Management. Election related ICT works. NIC Office Management. Entrusted with the pivotal role by State NIC as well as by District Administration.
- Co-ordination :- Keeping close coordination with higher officials of district and block administration like DM/SP/ADMs/SDOs/BDOs as well as IT fraternity upto panchayat level. Always in touch with Peer NIC centres and different Project Coordinators at state level and above all ASIO SIO for valuable guidance.
- District Centre being a subset of DeiTY commendable work has been done to improve overall productivity of government services
- Operations, Management, security and maintenance of NIC District centre as DIO
- Setting up of ICT Infrastructure :
- Site identification, site preparation - back office design , citizen centric counters/ windows, network setup like LAN and H/w & S/w , installation & configuration of Application & Database, patch updation, backup & over all monitoring of each Project
- Creation of LAN adding nodes as & when required and extended network support to all Deptt.s / Sections in the Collectorate building, Campus network through OFC & UTP
- Setting up of a backbone to facilitate delivery of e-services to the Zilla Parishad building and Minority Building to be connected to high speed (100 Mbps BSNL & 1 Gbps PGCIL) NICNET.
- Consultancy to the government departments:
- Being the ICT head in the district extended support & expertise in planning, designing, organising, development & implementing all sort of ICT based initiatives & activities across Central & State govt. deptts and mostly District Administration, Zilla Parishad, Block Administration and upto Panchayat level.
- Overall ICT supervisor Role in day to day life
- Research and Development :
- Migration of District Portal: Upgradation of District Portal is in progress from static to dynamic using Drupal and MySQL Database with SMS and Email Integration.
- Modification and further customisation of various apps like Utility tool of Single window Application for puja and Verification(UTSAV), Integration of Paddy procurement with Kisan Credit Card Information System, Primary Teachers Transfer Management System.
- Deployment of NIC Wi-Fi Services at NIC Malda District Centre.
- Capacity Building & Recruitment Support:
- Training on Internet, e-mail, MS-Office, use of Antivirus and basic cyber security have been given time to time
- Training on e-Procurement and e-Office
- Imparted training to end users and administration on above mentioned Applications
- Extended all sort of ICT based training as and when required
- All kind of ICT support to Parliament , Assembly, Municipal & Panchayat Elections from Polling/Counting Personnel Database preparation, 2/3 Randomisation of Polling/Microobserver /Counting Personnel, Counting Data Compilation and Transmission, SMS services.