Small Savings Directorate, under Finance(Audit) Department, Government of West Bengal, alerts the public through publicity programme, not to deposit their toilsome money in any Non Banking concern or Cheat Funds, because many people deprived financially for their such innocent works. The Slogans of the Small Savings Directorate “SAVE YOUR MONEY, ONLY IN POST OFFICES THROUGH SMALL SAVINGS SCHEMES, FOR YOUR BETTER AND SECURED FUTURE.”
MOTIVES OF SMALL SAVINGS:-
1. To alert all the public against evils of Non Banking concerns especially Cheat Funds, and not to deposit any money in Non Banking concerns. All the public are directed to save their money in the post offices through Small Savings Scheme because Post Office is the Self Government Concern. Savings in Post offices is the best and wisest policy for better, secured and brighter Future.
2. Small Savings Schemes are the best because there is attractive interest, Tax deduction rebate and no tax deducted at source during the investment or at the time of maturity.
3. Money can be deposited in Post Offices through Small Savings Schemes, either by the Small Savings agents or at the counter of the Post Offices. Taking of money receipt is mandatory.
4. To know more details about the Small Savings schemes, public are requested to contact with the office of the Deputy Director, Small Savings and nearest post offices.
ATTRACTIVE SMALL SAVINGS SCHEMES WITH SALIENT FEATURES
1. RECURRING DEPOSIT SCHEME :-
- This scheme is effective to all people. Duration : 5 Years.
- Account can be opened by either single or jointly by only Rs. 10.00 P.M. No ceiling of maximum deposit.
- After completion of 3 years amount can be withdrawn prematurely. Interest is compounded quarterly.
- No ceiling of A/C opening.
2.KISHAN VIKASH PATRA:-
- Very attractive scheme for the investors. Money can be doubled shortly. No maximum ceiling of investment.
- Kishan Vikash Patra (K.V.P) can be purchased by minimum of Rs. 1000.00 or its multiple amount.
- Pre mature can be done after completion of 2 years 6 months from the date of investment.
3. NATIONAL SAVINGS CERTIFICATE:-
- It is one of the best rebate scheme for Income Tax payee. There is no limit of maximum investment.
- Interest is calculated on the basis of Compounded rate half yearly.
4. PUBLIC PROVIDENT FUND:-
- Rebate of Income Tax on the deposited amount, accrued interest is totally income tax free.
- Maximum yearly deposit is Rs. 1.5 lac.Total deposited amount is out of croak by the court.
5. POST OFFICE MONTHLY INCOME SCHEME:-
- Account can be opened in the name of Single or Jointly by the minimum investment of Rs. 1500.00.
- Maximum ceiling for single is Rs.4.5 lacs and jointly Rs. 9 lacs.Duration 5 years.Interest is accrued monthly
6. SENIOR CITIZEN SAVINGS SCHEME:-
- People aged 60 years or above can deposit maximum Rs. 15 lacs either single or jointly.
- Interest is accrued quarterly.Duration 5 years.One of the investors must be 60 years or above.
7. TIME DEPOSIT SCHEME:-
- Accounts can be opened by investing minimum Rs. 200.00 or it’s multiple.Duration 5 years.
- Rebate on income tax is available under Income Tax Rule 80/C.
8. SUKANYA SAMIRIDDHI YOJONA:-
- Account can be opened in the name of daughter from her birth to 10yrs old, by investing Rs.250/- or it’s multiple.
- Yearly maximum deposit ceiling is Rs.1.5 lacs.
- Account can be discontinued after completion of 21 yrs age or on the ground of daughter’s marriage after 18 yrs old.
The Website of India Post is :www.indiapost.gov.in/posb.aspx