Land Acquisition primarily refers to a process by which the Union and State Governments of India acquires private land for the purpose of Industrialization, Development and Infrastructural facilities or urbanization of the private land provides compensation to the affected land owners for their rehabilitation and resettlement. However, as a policy of the present Govt. of West Bengal focus has been given on Direct Purchase of Land, a concept that has put a brake to further Land Acquisition in the State.
An overview of the functions of Land Acquisition Section of this District
- Hearing and payment to the non-verified and undisbursed awardees relating to Land Acquisition cases already disposed.
- Disposal of the applications for recommendation for enrollment as exempted category to the Land Losers.
- Supply of photocopy of documents relating to the Land Acquisition cases as required by the Requiring Bodies for making application for mutation of acquired land.
- Direct Purchase of land for different projects on behalf of the Requiring Bodies as entrusted by the District Magistrate.
- Monitoring of the High Court and Lower Court cases by preparation and handing over of the necessary documents to the State Advocate for keeping liaison with the Hon’ble Court and compliance of the Court’s order.
- Arrangement of hearing and disposal of the Arbitration Cases on behalf of the Divisional Commissioner, Malda and compliance of the order of Ld. Arbitrator.
- Supplying of information under RTI Act.
- Supplying of information relating to Land Acquisition cases.